Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thought of the Day "Leave Your Foot in the Door"

About a month ago, I listened to a great keynote address by political analyst Donna Brazile at the 2010 Louisiana Women's Conference. I served as a presenter at the conference on "Social Media in Business."

Over the last few days one of Donna's quotes in particular has stuck with me:

"When you fight your way into the board room, leave your foot in the door for someone else to come behind you."

On its surface you could stop and think, "why would I want to make the road easier for someone else to come behind me?" When you sit and think on the quote it hits you. We have all achieved life successes because someone else has paved a road for us to follow. Someone was thoughtful enough to leave their foot in the door to help pull us up into the ranks of our profession. 

As you go about your day think to yourself, "have I left my foot in the door for someone to come behind me?" Otherwise, have you really left a legacy for others to follow.

Follow me on Twitter @wbreaux or on Facebook http://facebook.com/whitneybreaux.

No comments:

Post a Comment