Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's Decision Time for Les Miles and the 2010 LSU Football Team

Picture from www.Tigerdroppings.com by user jwall3.
I am arguably the biggest LSU Football fan this side of the Mississippi! Ok, so I'm sure I would be challenged on that front, but I am a huge LSU Football fan. Since the 2000 season and the emergence of my favorite (hottest) football coach Nick Saban, I have faithfully followed the LSU Tigers. I'll admit, when Nick said he was leaving for Miami I cried. Sad day...

Fast forward Monday, October 2005. After experiencing the worst hurricane/natural disaster in our countries history as a young freshman, I entered LSU's Tiger Stadium to take my place not only an LSU Football fan, but now as a student! Teachers canceled classes and tailgating traditions were altered to fit a Monday Night in Tiger Stadium. It would also be Les Miles's first game in Tiger Stadium. Les and I were the true freshman that night. He learned a tough lesson that in the SEC you go for jugular every down and I learned that my favorite Tigers would lose every now and then.

Fast forward to 2010. After a successful run and win at the 2007 BCS National Championship Game in New Orleans, Louisiana (I was there), we have arrived at the crossroad, intersection, diversion canal, whatever you would like to call it but it is DECISION TIME. After numerous errors, time clock management issues and failure to ignite the most talented offense in the country, this weekend will determine the future of LSU Football under Les Miles. Rumors are swirling that Les is done anyway after this season and the alumni have raised the funds necessary to sever his contract. Whether this is true or not, the LSU vs. Florida game will either provide LSU the platform to emerge as a team that's just been struggling to put it all together or a weak team with even weaker leaders.

Florida will come out for blood after their disappointing performance in Bear Bryant Stadium and unfortunately our Tigers will be on the receiving end of their frustration. All I can do is strongly advise Coach Miles to let the quarterback call the plays (these kids are talented let them play ball) and somebody put the biggest fricking clock in the world on the LSU sideline and have it synced to the stadium time clock.

Or better yet, I like the idea of Les Miles's new Asst. Coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment